The U.S. arm of the cryptocurrency exchange giant named Eric Segal as its interim CFO.
Binance.US has named Brian Shroder as its CEO, the U.S. arm of the cryptocurrency exchange announced on Friday.
- Shroder was already serving as Binance.US’s president and as a board member. He was previously a strategist and business development executive at Ant Group, an affiliate company of Chinese internet giant Alibaba, and has also been an executive at Uber.
- Shroder had been appointed president in September following the abrupt departure of former CEO Brian Brooks. Brooks, the ex-head of the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, had been the CEO for just four months.
- Binance.US also announced it was appointing Eric Segal as its interim chief financial officer. He replaces Joshua Sroge, whom the company said is leaving the firm.
- “I look forward to growing our team further as we continue to expand our products and services and begin our initial first steps on our pathway to IPO,” Shroder said in a statement.
- Segal will serve as CFO until a permanent CFO is appointed. The company said that it was working with the executive recruiting firm Russell Reynolds Associates on a permanent replacement.